The Thyroid – The Key Organ
The thyroid is one of the most important hormone-producing organs in the body. It produces two vital hormones: triiodothyronine and tetraiodothyronine.
With these messenger substances, the organ regulates the entire metabolism, energy consumption of the body, body heat, and mineral and water balance. Furthermore, it affects mental condition, fertility, sexuality and growth and has an impact on personality.
The thyroid works very closely with the adrenal gland, an organ that is responsible for stress management. Unfortunately, minor functional disorders in the thyroid are often undiagnosed; despite “optimal” laboratory values, you feel ill and are unable to find relief from the symptoms.
I offer you a range of treatments that are individually tailored to your needs. In the initial examination, I begin by conducting a preliminary diagnosis which is then evaluated through targeted laboratory tests and advanced medical examinations by specialists.
My offer includes:
- Hormone replacement therapy with NDT (natural desiccated thyroid) hormone
- Balancing of other hormonal imbalances
- Use of probiotics for intestine health
- Supplementation of antioxidants e.g. selenium and other micronutrients such as iron, zinc etc. as required
- Creation of a “thyroid-friendly” nutrition plan